Dr. Theresa Larson is a doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) and CrossFit Level 1 certified coach. Her colleague, Dr. Michael Caisse DPT, is also available for consultation. As experienced CrossFitters, they can identify, diagnose, and fix inefficient movement patterns that are unique to CrossFit. They can help you prevent and rehabilitate your athletic injuries. They can assist you with poor mechanics that rob you of power output and help you unleash the athletic capacity you did not know you had!
Appointments are available at CrossFit Del Mar on Wednesday afternoons or at other times and locations. Click here to schedule a consult!
These classes will be focused and intense for advanced CrossFitters who want to get to the next level and prepare for competition.
Class is included with Unlimited Membership. Drop in fee applies for all other membership level.
The schedule of events for our upcoming Paleo Challenge is as follows:
We encourage our members who would like a Hydrostatic Body Fat measurement, which is the most accurate way find your body fat, to do it with Fit Stop Lab. Fit Stop Lab can also provide VO2 Max, Resting Metabolism, Strength and Motion, and other physiological measurements, and is conveniently located in Carlsbad. Click here to schedule your Hydrostatic Test.
For more information on the Open, click here.
This event is for scaled/intermediate athletes who would like to feel the adrenaline rush and camaraderie of competing asa a team, but aren't comfortable at the more established events. There will also be an advanced level for more experienced athletes.
All partners should be at the same level.
Learn more about the Affiliate League.
Sign up for the event HERE.
This event is being rescheduled for a later date due to a scheduling conflict. The new date and time will be posted soon.
David Newman of Rx Smart Gear will conduct a Gymnastics Clinic at CrossFit Del Mar. David and his team normally travel worldwide teaching these skills and providing clinics. Please take advantage of this awesome local opportunity! The fee is $95 and you can register here! The clinic will focus on the following skills:
1. Training your spacial awareness
2. Understanding alignment and the "stacked" position
3. Learn proper Hollow and Arched position
4. Learn how to isolate and contract key muscle groups
5. Learn proper tripod position and headstand control
6. Learn proper lung position to begin handstand
7. Learn inverted spacial awareness thru sequential drills
8. Learn how to exit the handstand safely
9. Learn how to balance freestanding handstands
10. Learn handstand walking techniques
1. Learn proper low/high ring support
2. Learn proper false grip and neutral grip
3. Learn proper body position for strict m/u
4. Learn the 10 to 2 technique for transition
5. Practice low ring transition progression
6. Practice high ring, band assisted m/u
7. Learn proper swing mechanics for kipping m/u
8. Learn proper swing sequence for kipping m/u
9. Learn visual spotting techniques
10. Learn coach spotting techniques